Saturday 21 July 2007

Science of sleep and my friends

It's damn hot. Got some writing to work at and can't get passed the title (which has already been set, now how great is that?!)Instead I escape to random thoughts and memories, amongst which there's this flashback, from Gondry's "Science of sleep", a lovely surrealist film I managed to see in a rather empty baloon-cinema at TIFF in Sibiu. Stephan (the main character) said at some point "I worked hard allday ... in my dreams". (Of course, it sounds so much better en francais!)Stephan has this great ability of getting, or better still, staying in touch with his deepest dreams. Stephanie, the girl next door, makes things with her hands. Beautiful things. She reminds me of Oana and Cristina, two of my friends who make beautiful things with their hands.
Here's some footage from the film, just to rememorize and get in the mood...of having dreams.

No comments: