Friday 28 September 2007

Are you crazy?

I work in PR&advertising&communication. This is why people tend to think there are some (limited) ways I should behave: dress serioussly, talk corporate-like, know VIPs and be able to slip in anything in newspapers. Wrong, people!!! I love jeans and trainers, coloured dresses and stockings, artsy and unconventional apparels (involving or not the high heels), baroque chats about anything that's interesting, I KNOW MANY WORDS AND LOVE TO USE AS MANY, I don't call famous people unless it's really relevant for the communication project I'm working on (and also only if the project is relevant to the vip in question) and I don't do "little PR" nor "free advertising". Communication and PR is not only about media relations and, yes, PR has a lot to do with strategy and planning!!!! d'oh! I still believe in the advantages of being different as opposed to moving in heards. I believe in questioning more than in fallowing. And I think that taking chances, putiing yourself out-there and busting your ass to be the best at what you do or the first to do something is better than staying on the safe side and fallowing others' rules. So, when a fellow PR practitioner asks me "are you crazy?" I say "ma'am, I sure hope so!" Hurray for the crazy, restless inds!

No comments: