Friday 28 September 2007

Back in business!

1. long time no see! that's because we're living busy times and sometimes your own personal, intimate thoughts get lost in the clutter of what you should be thinking, resolving, organizing and implementing!We become multi-tasking only to find ourselves less and less free to think about ourselves!
2. It's autumn. although unexpectedly warmth is coming after equally unexpected cold weather. Summer's been long but fuzzy. I recently re-postponed my trip to Rome for reasons that shouldn't be even remembered. frustrating it is! So long, generous long days. Hello falling leaves, autumn dust, day-long traffic jams, polution triggered astma, cold feet, running nose (or no nose), loads of work, back to school, teachers carring flowers on the school opening day ( I meant to write about this earlier this month), students queuing to pay for tuition or for a room in the dorm, fresh wine and lamb pastrami, higher rents for poorer and poorer lodging conditions in over-saturated Bucharest.
3. I hate flat-owners in Bucharest! I hate those who ask you if you want to prolongue the contract and ask you to sign the papers "urgently" but omit to inform you that they decided to raise the rent twice as much as you have recently negociated. I hate that they have "zillions of better offers for this apartment" and that they consider that "this raise is nothing compared to what it could be"!!!! I hate the owners who have three shabby apartments and get away with living a good life merely on letting people live in those three flats. I hate it that we are so many in Bucharest and so desperate to pay as much as it takes for merely poisoning and imprisoning ourselves. I hate that we're not leaving for a greener, merrier place leaving Bucharest flat owners alone in their grey, small, 500 Euro/month "mobilat clasic" or 800 Euro/month "mobilat lux" apartments. The rents have exploded. The living conditions offered worsen. The offer-demand law of capitalism got things a bit ilogic. At the end of the day, one (who has been a longterm, quiet, I-need-an-apartment-where-I-can deposit-my-things-and-sleep-5/6 hours-per-night type of tennant) has to pay a 40% higher rent benefiting from 0 investments made in the apartment he's trying to hang on too. I'm from outside of Bucharest, studying and/or working in Bucharest for the last 6 years. I changed my "home" 5 times in the meantime and I'm currently screaming for a place of my own.

No comments: