Monday 10 December 2007

Latests in brief

1. Christmas fever taking over. With goods and bads. Traffic, 4h spent on the way home, people injured in fights caused by traffic blockage anger, crowds in hypermarkets shown on TV, St. Nick gifts, end-of-year corporate team-buildings and client parties, corporate Christmas gifts, snow in the mountains, repeated calls from my mom asking me if this year I'm going to stay longer for Christmas at home, brainstorming and running for gifts, counting goods and bads, making wish-lists and resolutions, planning New Year's Eve, feeling excited or depressed.
2. Giant Christmas tree (aka The Biggest Christmas tree currently in Bucharest, built and lit by Millenium Bank) = no big badabum. The crowd that gathered to see it = huge badabum
3. Strange wheather. Foggy, damp, coldish, warmish still. Christmas lights in the city make an impressionist painting in the mighty fog.
4. some party I was invited to. felt oh so very wrong, (wrong jokes, wrong people, wrongest music and location). oh, how I miss dancing and drinking to my music instead of drinking hard so as to not hear the bad tunes. It took 3 hours of Tori Amos, Moloko, Ian Brown, Anouk, Roykssop &co. to heal my ears. three long morning hours right after the so called Glam Party. Ughhh!
5. Sister called. It's snowing feather-like flakes in Iasi. I miss Iasi. I miss the piles of soft clean snow we used to turn into playgrounds when we were kids.

2 comments:

&rew said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, experiences, and observations at Christmas - it can be so crazy and yet it can be peaceful at times! &rew

I said...

Thanks for dropping by. Christmas indeed can be peaceful. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one :) I guess it's up to each and everyone of us. Have a beautiful Christmas yourself!