Friday 16 November 2007

Holiday's goodies for relatives in Spain


On my way through the city I am privileged to see the most surprising or impressive things, happenings and sceneries. I will post some stories and call the series .... "corner-eye shots".
Today, for instance, I came across a van, the colour dark navy blue, surrounded by pakages, big-size, small-size, almost all bearing at least one brand-logo on the carton box, and a lot of people.
They all flocked an area where a lot of electoral panels lay and my first thought was, oh! they're campaigning, in the streets, giving stuff to the people!!!
Coming closer I noticed that people were writing on the boxes, or taking them to their car, or securing them with scotch straps, weighing them and counting money.
And snap-shot! one box went to Nicolae T, Zaragosa, Spain.

And bingo! Every box was going to the Romanians working in Spain. Goodies for Christmas for the ones who miss the taste og winter holidays at home. I know a few stories about this phenomena and I would've loved to stop and do a quick inquiry and see what each box contains. But the branded boxes gave some suggestions: Bors Magic, 7days Croissants, Elita (cheap) Coffee, Rieni Palinca (in plastic bottles). I bet there was also some traditional smoked cheese, home-made fruit syrups and jam, some medicines, corn flower for mamaliga...

No comments: