Monday 12 November 2007

London's burning


London's burning!/London's burning!/Fetch water!/Fetch water!/Fire!Fire!/Fire!Fire!/And we have no water
it's a song (about the Great Fire in 1666 London) I've been singing this morning quite obsessively only to later find out that there has been a fire and a lot of smoke in London. It seems that fire burst out at some deserted warehouses in the Olympic Park area. The stock went down. People fear terrorist attacks again and I guess it's no wonder.
They were fearing too when I first (and eventually) visited my most fantasized and read-about city in the world. I remember being stuck for three hours in the Underground because of some strange events on the Piccadilly Line. Everyone thought about bombs or false alarms. Instead, a woman had killed herself by jumping on the line in front of the train. I found it hard to breath and got my first delusion with London.
Now I miss that city. Take the smoke out!

No comments: